The State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Preserve
«KAZAN KREMLIN»
Total Kremlin area is 150 thousand square meters. The outer perimeter of the
walls is about 1800 meters. In XVI-XVII centuries there were 13 towers. Only eight
are preserved to date.

The Spasskaya Tower is the main tower of the Kazan Kremlin

The Spasskaya Tower with Gate Church of the Saviour image – the main entrance to the Kremlin, is located in the center of the southern portion of the fortifications. It was built in 1556-1562 years by Postnik Yakovlev and Ivan
Shiryaev. The church room was initially intended to hold a camp icon of Ivan the Terrible and other relics of the storming of Kazan Russian troops in 1552. In 1963 the electric clock with dials on the three faces of the octagon and automatic clock striking, as well as the completion of a five-pointed star have appeared on the
tower.


The Taynitskaya Passage Tower
The tower is so called, because there was a secret passage underneath to a
source supplying water to khan 's courtyard. It was blown up during the siege of
Kazan in 1552, which precipitated the fall of the city. On August 4, 1552 2 days
after the capture of Kazan Ivan the Terrible entered the destroyed khan 's fortress.
At this point, barely had time, as reported in "regal book", "to clean a single street
in Tsar's yard, from Muraleevyh gates dead bodies were carried."


«Regal book»
The Taynitskaya Passage Tower:
It was built almost simultaneously with the Spasskaya tower, the Taynitskaya
tower unlike it has kept its crankshaft passage. But its architectural treatment
refers to the XVII century.

The Taynitskaya Passage Tower:
The impressive four-sided lower tier carries a low and smaller bushel with modest
flat blades and small three-center arched windows framed with architrave, made
of brick chiseled roller.

The Preobrazhenskaya Passage Tower
It was constructed on the site of Temenskoy, this tower on the first tier is supported by powerful buttresses. Currently, the bulk of tourists pass through its wooden iron-bound gates. A niche for the gate icon is left above the gate from the outside.
The Annunciation Cathedral
The Annunciation Cathedral is the largest building of the Kazan Kremlin and the oldest of the preserved stone buildings of Kazan.
It was built in 1561-1562 years by Pskov masters headed by Postnik Yakovlev and
Ivan Shiryaev. It was rebuilt in 1691, 1736, 1835-1843.


Originally it was a five- domed with the six pillars, triapsidal church with two aisles, connected to a porch, which skirted the central cube-shaped volume of the cathedral. The heads of the
cathedral were helmet-shaped. The consecration of the cathedral took place in 1562.

Governor's Palace
Governor's Palace was built in 1845-1848 years as the home of "military governor with premises for the Imperial Apartments".


The prototype of the general solution of the main facade of the Governor's Palace and, in particular, the windows was the Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow. Central Rizalit accented richly decorated flagpole on which the presidential standard is fluttering.


Eclectic with elements of Russian Classicism, Baroque, ancient architecture,
pseudo-Byzantine style.
The Suyumbike Tower
Its name is connected with the name of the Tatar Queen Syuyumbeki – the wife of the last two of Kazan khans.
It was constructed in the second half of the early XVII-XVIII centuries. At the earliest plans of the city of the XVIII century, it is shown as the entry to the courtyard of the chief-commandant's house, which was located on the site of the "old Tsar yard", where the ruins of Khan's Palace Kazan magistrates adapted for gunpowder storage, and lead nitrate.
At present, the slope of the tower is 1.8 meters.
The building of the official places
The building of the official places, the end of the middle of the XVIII-XIX century, it
is a two-storey and partially three-storey part of the extended body with a basement floor, consisting of a series of multi buildings. The earliest of them is building of a former consistory (the end of the XVIII century), which is closely associated with the building of the former provincial office (beginning of XIX century).
Due to the opening of the Kazan governorship in 1781 Russian government eased funds for "construction of house for General Governor for which was used the
fortress of stone structure, where the provincial Office of the length at 23 '/ 2 diameter of 8 yards has been placed."


The building of the guardhouse



South-east corner of the Kremlin' s territory, where now is the former military
guardhouse (XIX c.), was the Sovereign yard, where "a great governor" used to
live in XVI-XVII centuries.

The building of the guardhouse, the middle of the XIX century.
The bell tower of the Transfiguration Cathedral
The first bell tower of the Transfiguration Cathedral was made of wood. The
second – from stone – lasted until 1858, it is located to the north-west of the
cathedral in the gallery, connecting to the abbot' s. The bell tower was dismantled due to dilapidation.
The main building
The main building, East housing Cannon yard, the first half of the XVIII century,
rebuilt in 1836, the first half of the XX century.
South building
South building is the most ancient building of the Cannon yard – first half of XVII
century.
West Building
West Building of the Cannon yard. It was built in 1812, was rebuilt in 1836, the
first half of the twentieth century.
Kul Sharif mosque
When it was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List it was recognized
expedient to construct the memorial mosque according to the principle of
balance of cultures and religions. The construction of the Mosque in the Kazan
Kremlin has played an important role in the consolidation of the two main
peoples which live on the territory of Tatarstan, and the performance of the
principle of balance of cultures and religions in the Kremlin.
The Kul Sharif mosque is also a memorial to the fallen defenders of the city of Kazan.
According to the function of a museum Islamic mosque designed to solve the
problem of the historical continuity of the center of education, as was the
mosque complex with madrasas in the XVI century which was established by
Imam Kul Sharif.

The mosque was built in 1996-2005.

In the decoration of the building unique finishing works, corresponding to the
rank of the building was used, such as: ceramic panels and paintings made by the
technology of the XVI century., carved ganch, Roman mosaics, hand-carved wood
and stone, the classic stained glass and colored glass baking technology, gilding
work and gold embroidery, lined with marble and granite facade.
The building of Kul Sharif mosque in plan is two squares intersected at an angle of 45° in the form of a famous in Islamic world sign, which means "the blessing of Allah."
from open sources: tatarstan.ru, kazan-kremlin.ru, ru.wikipedia.org
© 2016 All rights reserved
Group of strategic vision "Russia - Islamic world"

Made on
Tilda